Alexander Technique research from the British Medical Journal
- Society of Teachers of The Alexander Technique (STAT)
- American Society for The Alexander Technique(AMSAT)
- British Medical Journal on Back Pain
- The Complete Guide to the Alexander Technique
- Balk, M., and Shields, A., 2009, Master the Art of Running, Collins & Brown.
- Barlow, W.,1998, The Alexander Principle-How to use the body without stress, Orion Books Ltd.
- Caplin, D., 1992, Back Trouble – A New Approach to Prevention and Recovery based on The Alexander Technique, Compass Publishing.
- Conable, B., 1991, How to Learn The Alexander Technique: A Manual for Students, Andover Press
- de Alcantara, P., 1999, The Alexander Technique A Skill for Life, Clarendon Press
- Gelb, M., 1995, Body Learning: An introduction to The Alexander Technique, Holt
- Heirich, J.R., 2005, Voice and The Alexander Technique, Mornum Press.
- Machover,I., Drake,A., and Drake, J.,1993,The Alexander Technique Birth Book: A Guide to Better Pregnancy, Natural Childbirth and Parenthood, Sterling Publishing Co. Inc.
- MacDonald,G.,1998,The Complete Illustrated Guide to Alexander Technique – A Practical Programme for Health, Poise and Fitness, Element Books Ltd.
- McCallion, M., 1998, The Voice Book, Faber & Faber.
- McEvenue, K., 2002, The Actor and The Alexander Technique, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Netti-Fio, R., 2011, Dance and The Alexander Technique, Urbana, University of Illinois Press.
- Shaw,S., and D’Angour, A., 2009, The Art of swimming- in a new direction with The Alexander Technique, Politicos Publishing.
There are many more books on The Alexander Technique on the market. Check your local library or do a Google search for books which may be closer to your interest.
What people are saying:
“After 3 months of chronic back pain and trying every remedy short of surgery I was introduced to The Alexander Technique by Barbara. Initially highly skeptical my expectations were low. The results were extraordinary. Not only did the back pain quickly go but in a few short sessions I wasAndrew, Managing Director
“The Alexander Technique is the only thing that has relieved the shoulder and back pain that I had suffered from for a couple of years.”Mary, Musician
“I have always placed a lot of stress on my system, both through work pressures and through demanding physical pursuits such as marathon running. The Alexander Technique is the only method I have found for prevention. I am no longer a helpless “patient” with a “condition” but an active participantGlenda, Scientific Administrator
“The experience of what felt like “untangling” the muscles in my body released much tension, increased my height, increased my energy levels and put me more at peace with my environment. In addition it has removed my back pain I felt for many years, which doctors treated with drugs. IGeorge, Company Manager
“My posture and walk have improved greatly. I no longer have back pain or shoulder and neck tension and I am feeling more self assured. The Alexander Technique is so simple but it changes how I approach everything in my daily life.”Anne, Lawyer